In this article
Part 1Intro of Windows 10 Paint 3D
Windows Paint 3D is designed by (you guessed it) Microsoft. It is a tool that facilitates editing & creating graphics in Windows 10. We all have used Paint; Windows Paint 3D has a similar interface but comes with advanced functionalities.
The "3D" in the application's name is real and it allows you to render your graphics in 3 dimensions. In a way, Windows Paint 3D is a tool that is suitable for both beginners and professionals. Before we move on to how to make the background transparent in Paint 3D, let's quickly look at a few pros and cons of the tool.
The tool has a familiar user interface which makes it easier to use.
It allows you to transform your 2D to 3D within seconds.
Paint 3D also has a huge library of templates that makes it even simpler for beginners.
Windows Paint 3D doesn't have some of the basic image correction tools that you'd normally see in other editing software.
If you are a professional, Paint 3D might not be an ideal choice for you.
The 3D capture mobile app has quite a few bugs.
Part 2How to create a transparent background in Paint 3D?
In the above section, we saw a few pros & cons of Paint 3D. Let's look at how to create a transparent background in Paint 3D. But why is making transparent background important anyway?
Among many other things like eCommerce platform guidelines for product images, making the background transparent helps your followers & target audience to focus on the primary object in your images. Images with transparent backgrounds are visually appealing as well.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to make background transparent in Paint 3D.
Open the image you want to edit in Paint 3D.
Click on the Magic Select tool. You'll see a selection rectangle covering the entire image.
Minimize the selection rectangle (using the sides or corners) of the Magic Select tool to cover the primary object of your image. You will see a nudge on the right side that shows you how to do that.
Once you have selected the primary object of your image, click on the "Next" button on the right side of your screen. Paint 3D will automatically identify your primary object and clear the area outside the selection rectangle.
Obviously, the Magic Select tool is not 100% accurate, especially with portraits. So, you might be left with a few unwanted elements. Click on the "Remove " option from the right side of Paint 3D's screen and keep clicking on the unwanted elements that you want to remove from your image.
Click on the "Done" button once you are satisfied with the results.
You now have your main object as a separate element. But, the object still is on a non-transparent background. There are two ways to make background transparent in Paint 3D from here on.
The first option is to drag the primary object outside its background and leave it there. Now, click on the "Select" tool from the top left menu and select the non-transparent background, and hit the "Delete" key from your keyboard.
The second option is to copy the primary object of your image and save it as a new file. To do this, right-click on the object and click on the "Copy" option.
Click on the "Menu" option from the top right corner, followed by the "New" button on the next screen. A white canvas will appear. Right-click on it and select the "Paste" option.
Once you have your primary element on a white canvas, click on the "Canvas" option from the top tray of options and toggle on the "Transparent Canvas" option from the right side of your Paint 3D's screen.
This is how to make background transparent in Paint 3D. You can now save the final image in PNG format. Using any other format will result in losing the transparent background you worked so hard on.
Part 3Why not have an alternative of getting a transparent background?
This entire process of how to make background transparent in Paint 3D is complex, especially when you have easier options out there. One of the most seamless options out there is PixCut. Let's talk about PixCut and how to use it to create a transparent background.
WonderShare PixCut is an online photo editing tool, specially created to make background transparent. It is an easy-to-use web-based tool that makes it super easy to make background transparent.
Before we get into PixCut features and how to use them to create a transparent background, here are a few reasons why online tools are way better than costly desktop software for basic editing.
- Accessibility: Hands down, online editing tools are the most easily accessible tools. And better too, if you know which tools to use. Most entrepreneurs & business owners are new to editing and don't know where to go to do basic editing.
This is the exact reason why I prefer online editing tools and you should too. Anyone - from professionals to beginners can easily access and use it.
- No hefty downloads: Unlike editing software, you don't have to download heavy software to edit your images when you use online editing tools. For instance, Adobe Photoshop is too large in size. Besides, such software also have processor requirements to function properly.
- The power of AI: Most online editing tools like WonderShare PixCut are powered by strong AI. This means that you have to do little to no manual work while using these tools. You've seen how to make background transparent in Paint 3D. It is lengthy and complex. Soon, I'll show you how to do the same using PixCut; it literally takes 3 steps.
- Easy for beginners: As far as I've seen, most editing software come with a bit of a learning curve. If you aren't a professional, you'll take a few days at least to get used to the tool. With online tools, this isn't the case.
- Perfect for basic editing: Online tools are perfect for basic editing. In a way, that's what they are created for - easing the painful process of editing/amplifying pictures. Unfortunately, there are many online editing tools out there that present the dilemma of "too many options."
If you get your hands on a useful online tool like Wondershare PixCut, I recommend bookmarking it for future use.
Here are the top features of WonderShare PixCut.
- This tool is powered by strong AI. So, the user doesn't have to do any manual work to create a transparent background in their images.
- You can use it to remove background from images in 3 simple steps. Just upload it, AI will do all the work, and download the final image.
- You can use PixCut to remove background from images in bulk, which makes it an obvious option as compared to Paint 3D.
- PixCut also provides an API which can be integrated with digital platforms - web & mobile apps.
- WonderShare PixCut also offers a bunch of useful features such as - enlarge images, remove watermarks, etc.
Now that you are familiar with the Wondershare PixCut and its features, here's a simple step-by-step guide on how to make background transparent using it.
Step 1: Go to PixCut's website. Click on the "Upload Image" button that appears on the head banner. Select the image yo
PixCut will automatically detect and remove the background of your image. Here is a sample image and how it looks post-editing using this tool.
Keep in mind that NO manual work is required. The smart AI of PixCut works its magic and removes the background from your image automatically.
This is the last step. Just hit the "Download Free" button to download the image you've edited. PixCut allows you to freely use it for personal as well as professional use.
This is how simple it is to make the background of your images transparent using PixCut, a definitive improvement over how to make background transparent in Paint 3D.
I hope this guide helped you to find the easiest way to create a transparent background. What are you waiting for? You know the most amazing tools to make the background of your images transparent. Get to work now!